Friday 29 October 2010

The look of SS11

I did intend to write this post much sooner, but due to dongle issues in Lincolnshire (too tiresome to got into detail!) it's been delayed a little.

I love looking at the new season catwalk shows, I get caught up in the momentum of it all, thinking I'll just watch one more, which turns into two, then four, then five follow in quick succession. It's addictive, but as a Winter clothes lover, I don't usually get a huge adrenalin rush from the Spring/Summer shows. However this season I was nicely surprised by my reaction to some of them.

So here's a selection of some of my favourite looks that'll be filtering through next Summer.

All images courtesy of style.com.

Simplicity...


I'm normally instantly drawn to vibrant, strong colours & prints but seeing these soft & muted colour palettes of the SS11 catwalks felt like a breath of fresh air. Everything looks so pure & fluid, exactly the right tonic to welcome in the Spring.
I love the combination of chalky pastels, in particular the perfect balance of soft coral & blue hued greys at Elie Saab. The simplicity of the shapes at BCBG & Chloe are totally refreshing.

Colour & quirkiness...


Of course I found enough vibrant colour to satisfy my need. I love the continuation from the AW10 collections of a look consisting completely of tones of red. This works to great effect with feminine frills at DKNY & with what I can only describe as simplistic drama at Lanvin.

I also love the confident colour blocking at Gucci & Issa & the perfectly clashing English rose & gingham prints at D&G.

I've purposefully not mentioned the Chanel collection as I think it warrants a post all of its own...




No comments:

Post a Comment