Thursday 7 October 2010

For the love of Sonia...

I've recently spent time looking through style.com checking out the latest looks from the SS11 catwalk shows. I must admit that I still get pangs of excitement seeing what's coming next down the runway. At least now I don't need to examine every look in detail & formulate a plan of what to incorporate into our next ranges (for those of you who don't already know, I was a womenswear designer for 10 years). Instead I can just peruse at my leisure.

I happened to follow a link on twitter to theSonia Rykiel show in Paris. As a lover of colour & print she's long been a favourite of mine & I wasn't disappointed. Before I share my thoughts on her latest show, I want to post a few pics of her new home collection, all of which is on my lust list!


I love the depth of colour, the combination of a floral print with stripes, in fact I love everything about this covetable range!

Now back to the catwalk...

The Sonia Rykiel show provides a light hearted quirkiness & always makes me smile, which must be a good thing...


These are some of my favourite looks from the show. I love the beautifully balanced cinnamon, coral, black & white colour blocking, the perfectly clashing red & fuchsia stripe combination, the teal & green blocking...And I especially love the oversized striped bag. I'm a bag addict, I admit it!

The vaguely Asian hats are a new take on the perennial Sonia Rykiel hat obsession, which I like. They're given a twist with the chunky beaded cord & tassels, an accessory which pops up elsewhere for SS11, but more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment