Tuesday 5 October 2010

Loft finds...

You know that we live in a tiny house. Well, I like collecting things. These two facts are not what you'd call a match made in heaven.

'Things' is a very broad term & in my case encompasses, amongst other items, clothes, shoes, vintage ceramics, art prints & photographs. So over a couple of weekends where loft sorting (hallelujah for actually having a loft) was the name of the game, I stumbled across a few bits & pieces that I'd actually forgotten I had (don't you just love it when that happens).

So here they are...


I love anything Art Deco & this pink Deco tea set just makes me smile. It now has pride of place on a chest in our bedroom. I know, not necessarily the most suitable room choice, but as I mentioned space is limited!


I love quirky prints & this is my little collection paying homage to Clarice Cliff. The teapot was a charity shop find, the beaker & jug were both Ebay purchases. These are all now in our kitchen & I get pleasure every day from looking at them.

I had to restrain myself of course. Still in the loft is my much loved Alfred Meakin midnight star coffee set, Deco wooden photo frame, retro floral serving tray...the list could go on.

I'm heading back to Lincolnshire next week, where I have a garage, wardrobe & probably many other areas full of cherished furniture & interiors paraphernalia. I'm sure I will do as I always do when I go home & that's gaze into the garage wondering when I'll be able to put these lovely things on show.

No comments:

Post a Comment