Tuesday 11 October 2011

Stunning Skiathos...

We've just returned from a lovely 10 day break on the Greek island of Skiathos, where we stayed at the new & fab Skiathos Premier Hotel in Troulos. More about this later, but I will mention that the name is misleading. It's actually made up of spacious self-catering studios & family suites rather than being an actual hotel.


Having visited several other Greek islands over the years, Skiathos is definitely in the top three. It's probably the smallest island that we've stayed on (I think it's approx 12km x 6km in size) & the scenery is stunning. The southern part of the island is the most inhabited & the mountainous central part is completely covered in gloriously scented pine trees. Having walked up to a monastery situated in the centre of the island we were able to see the coastline to the left & right!


I seem to be obsessed with taking photos of the sea, so I thought I'd share a few with you...











No comments:

Post a Comment