Tuesday 17 May 2011

Best Dressed at Cannes

I love taking a peek at the goings on at the Cannes film festival. It somehow seems other-worldly with all of the glamorous people belonging to a club that I'll never have membership for. To be honest I'm not sure I'd even want membership to this exclusive gathering, it all seems a bit too polished, dare I say fake even...


However, I am eternally impressed by the stylishness of the French. It has been reaffirmed to me that they do natural style best. The only Brit that comes close to attaining this easy sophistication as far as I'm concerned is Alexa Chung, followed by Tilda Swinton.


Yes, Cheryl Cole looked lovely in her Stephane Rolland white dressed, but it was all very polished Hollywood, somewhat formulaic. All I can say about her other sparkling champagne coloured fishtail number is that she should have done something about her her VPL before she went out!


So here are my favourite looks, natural & full of personality...


1
Juliette Binoche in Givenchy

2
Clemence Poesy

3
Ines de la Fressange in Carven

4
Lea Seydoux in Louis Vuitton

5
Alexa Chung

6
Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann

7
Alexa Chung in Valentino

8
Carey Mulligan in Azzaro

9
Alexa Chung 

10
Sarah Jessica Parker in Elie Saab

Images courtesy of-
  1 style.com
  2 Marie Claire
  3 Elle
  4 Elle
  5 Elle
  6 The Telegraph
  7 style.com
  8 style.com
  9 The Telegraph
10 Marie Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment