Wednesday 3 November 2010

The magic of Lanvin...

I have to admit that I'm not normally overly interested in the collaborations that H&M do with designers. There, I've said it. I can now hear fashionistas out there aghast at this comment, but these diffusion lines seem so watered down & far removed from the actual philosophy of the designers names that are printed on their labels.

I'm always disappointed with the fabric quality, the skimpy shaping of the clothes. I don't want to buy something at an over-inflated price just because it's loosely associated with a particular designer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against high street clothing in general. Far from it, 99% of my wardrobe is high street & probably 50% of that is from H&M.

The point is that I want to buy & covet an item of clothing, wherever it's from, whatever it's price, knowing that the best possible fabric & fit for its price point has been achieved. So there you have it, my rant is over...

...Now I'm going to completely contradict myself & say that so far (I've yet to see it in the flesh) I love the forthcoming Lanvin for H&M collection. I hope that I'm not going to be disappointed on November 23rd once the range has launched in store...

You can check out the entire collection at vogue.co.uk but here are my favourite picks.



No comments:

Post a Comment